Old 06-01-2005, 04:13 AM
B.Server

On 2 Jan 2005 18:08:36 -0800, wrote:

I have a satsuma mandarin (Citrus reticulata) in a large pot that I'd
like to plant in the ground. But, I'd like to find out if the deer
will eat it. I found lots of deer resistant threads in the google
archive but nothing about oranges or citrus trees. Does anyone know?
thanks,
--steve

This is just more anecdotal evidence. I have never had deer eat
either my satsumas or the kaffir lime. However, the miserable vermin
have just about killed two satsumas by scraping their horns on them.
The limes have thorns like 6 penny nails and that apparently
discourages the rubbing.

No telling what they would do if the satsumas were the only food
about.

YMMV