Old 05-01-2005, 05:24 AM
Steve Danhof

Unless it's a 20g long tank, his regular fluorescent bulb is too weak

No it is not a long tank. I have started looking into the retrofit option,
but I don't really know what I am looking for. Any help would be most
appreciated. Thanks.

Also would the plant, being in the condition it is in, raise the ammonia
level at all? My tank's ammonia level has now gone back up to 4 ppm and the
nitrite level has not changed from .25ppm in 3 days. The couple of fish I
have in there seem to be handling it fine, but I know they cannot endure at
these levels forever.

-Steve