Old 06-01-2005, 03:15 AM
Victor Martinez

Steve Danhof wrote:
No it is not a long tank. I have started looking into the retrofit option,
but I don't really know what I am looking for. Any help would be most
appreciated. Thanks.

Something like this would suffice:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
Remember, CF bulbs are much more efficient than regular fluorescent
bulbs. You cannot compare their wattages, it's apples and oranges.

Also would the plant, being in the condition it is in, raise the ammonia
level at all? My tank's ammonia level has now gone back up to 4 ppm and the

Why do you have ammonia? That is never a good sign. You should have zero
ammonia and zero nitrites, otherwise your biofilter is not working properly.

nitrite level has not changed from .25ppm in 3 days. The couple of fish I
have in there seem to be handling it fine, but I know they cannot endure at
these levels forever.

They will suffer irreversible damage, even if they survive.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he