Old 06-01-2005, 02:56 PM
Jim Lewis

On 5 Jan 2005 at 23:24, Richard Patefield wrote:

What evidence is there that the link between the IBC email list and
rec.arts.bonsai does any good for the list, the IBC, bonsai in general
or anything touching on our subject?

respectfully,
Richard

It depends on what you want for the list. If you want an
elitist group, where experienced bonsiests talk only with
experienced bonsaiests you would drop RAB. (Or you would hang
out exclusively on the "Main Gallery" on our IBC gallery an
pound each other on the back for all their "great" trees.)

If you want to help newcomers, puzzled neophytes whose Serissa
just dropped all its leaves, and encourage these folks to join
the sport of bonsai you would enjoy it. Depends on how selfish
you are, I guess.

But since dropping the news group isn't an issue I don't know
why we're discussing this.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --