Old 06-01-2005, 09:07 AM
Stinus

Iris Cohen Wrote:
First of all, forgive me my bad English because I'm flemish... BRBR

No problem. Your English is better than my Flemish.
;-)

Regardless of your definition, Platycerium is an epiphyte. In nature it
grows
on palm trees. Taxonomically it's a fern.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
"A tree never hits an automobile except in self defense." - Woody Allen

I don't know the flower (at university they teach a lot about
classification systems but pityful we don't learn to recognize plants
and flowers (we do learn about trees in the course dendrology) ), so
it's perfectly possible that this plant is an epiphyte. I just wanted
to give the definitions like I've seen them in my courses because there
was some misunderstanding...

--
Stinus