Old 06-01-2005, 09:47 PM
news.comcast.giganews.com

Mindy Wallace wrote:
My knees have just about had it as far as gardening or seriously
cleaning any type of floor. What does everybody do to cut down on the
strain? Do you kneel on something, or squat, or use a short stool?

If it's a solid, even surface, knee pads can help. But nothing beats
sitting down. If you get on your knees, they may not be passing the
weight through to your lower legs, but they're still supporting your
weight. If you still have enough flexibility, you may be able to lean
back far enough for your butt to rest on your heals, but that stretch is
something you'll feel the next day!

Inside I find chairs, foot stools, coffee tables... anything near. The
rest of the time I find ways to avoid too much bending. You won't see me
scrubbing a whole room's floor by hand. I'll use a mop on a handle. I'll
only get down for a very small section, like a particular stain.

Outside I have a couple of different stools on wheels. But I still find
myself not doing things because the stool is too far away. I'm
considering getting one of those milking stools you strap on your own
butt. You essentially have a seat with a pole, and a spring at the
bottom of the pole. Your weight is supported by the pole, and your knees
and legs only provide stability. In theory. Like I said, I'm considering
getting one. I don't have any actual experience with one yet.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Compare the newest tax preparation software apps:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/taxes/index.html