Old 04-01-2005, 03:29 AM
Benign Vanilla

wrote in message
acidic, probably not toxic, but needles are really hard on pumps. had em

dropping
into big pond from neighbors tree and pumping out the pond was punctuated

with
stopping the pump to clean out the needles. It is the dead organic stuff

that fouls
ponds and forces cleaning. why put dead organic stuff into the pond on

purpose?

I've always feared the "toxic gases" from the pond bottom muck, but
everytime I stir that muck up in my pond (and admittedly in my aquarium when
I neglect it) my fish love it. They swim in it, they eat it, they go crazy
for it. I have never seen a fish die or even swim away in a funny way.

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com