Old 06-01-2005, 05:16 PM
Kay

In article , Douglas Douglas.1i
writes[color=blue][i]

Kay Wrote:
In article
,
writes
Douglas, I don't know what you are posting with,
*****
A computer? ;-)
*****
but you must notice
that it's impossible to identify your part of the text when you reply
to posts?

I'm slow here to get the hang of things, but I usually show my reply by
warking it with stars.

I tend to reply to bits of the message individually instead of saying
it all at the end.

i'm sure I will improve eventually.

Hey! Not one single bit of what you quoted was written by me, despite
the attribution!

You're absolutely right to reply to each bit individually - that's the
convention in this newsgroup, and makes it a lot easier to follow the
argument than with the top posting convention generally used in business
emails.

If you were posting here directly instead of via garden banter, you
would be using a newsreader program. I use Turnpike (as do many others)
and when I hit 'reply' it automatically inserts '' before each line of
the text I am replying to (with more ''s for each successive previous
poster) - Therefore the number of ''s at the beginning of the line
tells you which person said what. This is a general newsgroup convention
and is what allows us to see who said what when we're all interleaving