Old 07-01-2005, 01:26 AM
Claire Petersky

Thanks! And there's a problem if I just put eyes from a store-bought
Idaho in
the ground?

I'd get one from the health food store, because one from the regular store
probably has been treated to keep the eyes from sprouting.

I have planted store-bought organic potatoes three times: a russet, a yukon
gold, and a german butterball. They have hybridized into a nice
yellow-fleshed, rough brown skinned, all-purpose potato that comes up here
and there every year, even if I think I've harvested every last one of them.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist: