Old 07-01-2005, 04:37 AM
J Fortuna

This thread inspired me to research the paph cochlopetalum group a bit more,
and here are some of the links that I found.

I started out with the hope to learn more about the different species in
this group to be able to differentiate them better, but I fear that I have
given up on that idea. While some of these species are a bit more distinct
than the others, I think this is in general a subgenus that has species with
a lot of similarities, and since there are also a lot of hybrids that look
similar, and there is some variability even among siblings of the same seed
capsule, I have given up on the idea of trying to differentiate these, and
have decided to just enjoy them.

Some of these sites are good for either photos or information or both for
other orchids as well.

I hope you enjoy them too.
Best, Joanna

****
Paph Cochlopetalum (general sites with multiple photos):
http://ladyslipper.com/cochltab.htm
http://slipperorchid.org/cochlopetalum.htm
http://paphs.net/media/Paphs/Alpha.htm
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~fk8t-tnk/paph-3.htm
http://www.angelfire.com/or3/orchids...hlopetalum.htm
http://www.h3.dion.ne.jp/~t_kamei/pa...hlopetalum.htm
several nice photos also included on
http://www.krischanphoto.com/gardens...hiopedilum.htm

*****
species:

paph glaucophyllum
http://www.orchidspecies.com/paphglaucophyllum.htm
http://ladyslipper.com/ppglauco.htm
http://www.edit.ne.jp/~fkoichi/ophoto/paph/paphglau.htm
http://www.cichlidrecipe.com/other_o...lum_Free_1.jpg

paph moquettianum
http://www.orchidspecies.com/paphmoquettianum.htm
http://www.orchidweb.com/dtl_spec.asp?PRecno=384
http://www.orchidweb.com/dtl_spec.asp?PRecno=2946
http://www.edit.ne.jp/~fkoichi/ophoto/paph/paphmoqu.htm

Paph primulinum var. flavum (a nearly solid yellow form)
http://www.orchidspecies.com/paphprimulinum.htm
http://www.orchidweb.com/dtl_spec.asp?PRecno=399

paph. primulinum var. purpurascens (this has yellow, cinnamon-brown and some
green color)
http://www.orchidspecies.com/paphpri...rpurescens.htm
http://www.orchidweb.com/dtl_spec.asp?PRecno=400

paph. liemianum
http://www.orchidspecies.com/paphiemianum.htm
http://www.orchidphotos.org/images/o...p/image025.htm
http://www.orchidphotos.org/images/o...p/image026.htm

paph chamberlainianum
http://www.orchidspecies.com/paphchamberlainianum.htm
http://www.orchidphotos.org/images/o...p/image012.htm
http://www.orchidphotos.org/images/o...b/P1010086.jpg
http://www.orchidweb.com/dtl_spec.asp?PRecno=2200

paph victoria-regina
http://www.orchidspecies.com/paphvictoriaregine.htm

paph victoria-mariae
http://www.orchidspecies.com/paphvictoria-marie.htm
http://www.orchidweb.com/dtl_spec.asp?PRecno=450

*****
Primary Hybrids:

Lists of primary hybrids:
http://ladyslipper.com/glauco2.htm
http://ladyslipper.com/liem.htm
http://ladyslipper.com/prim.htm
http://ladyslipper.com/vicmar.htm
http://ladyslipper.com/chamber.htm

Sample Primary Hybrids (focusing especially on primary hybrids between two
cochlopetalum species - with photos if found):

Paph primulinum (capsule) X Paph chamberlainianum = Paph Amelia Hart
Alexander 1994
http://www.krischanphoto.com/gardens...lum/03h291.jpg
and
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting

Paph liemianum (pollen) X Paph glaucophyllum = Paph Glaucoliem 1993

Paph chamberlainianum (capsule) X Paph victoria-regina = Paph John Sutter
1985

glaucophyllum x sanderianum = Paph. Landmark
http://www.orchidweb.com/dtl_spec.asp?PRecno=909

Paph glaucophyllum (capsule) X Paph primulinum = Paph Pinocchio
http://www.orchidweb.com/dtl_spec.asp?PRecno=2409

Paph liemianum (capsule) X Paph chamberlainianum = Paph Salvadore Dali 1991
http://www2.megax.ne.jp/ran3/paph_salvadore__dali.jpg

Paph liemianum (capsule) X Paph primulinum = Paph Sandy's Prime Lime 1997

Paph glaucophyllum (capsule) X Paph philippinense = Paph Shireen
http://www.cichlidrecipe.com/other_o...een_Free_1.jpg

Paph glaucophyllum (capsule) X Paph chamberlainianum = Paph Utgard
http://www.orchidweb.com/dtl_spec.asp?PRecno=3133

Paph glaucophyllum (capsule) X Paph victoria-regina = Paph Vedanta
http://www.mito-botanical-park.com/o...h_Vedanta.html

****