Old 03-01-2005, 08:59 PM
Derek Broughton

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 23:23:58 GMT, wrote:

you are right, he is mistaken. the fish dont need a rotting pine tree in
there (nice
water lilies are fine). and yes, pine needles are a bitch to get out of
the pond and
it will jam up the pump. get the pine tree out of there. Ingrid

I'd be in agreement here, but Xmas trees in a pond of this size,
especially if it is a fairly new pond, is recommended by our Agri
department for such reasons. Course our water has a high pH, and I would
hope he had checked the pond regarding that.

I'm guessing that someone with an email address of "soonrgrl" is both a
Sooner and female. Not being of an American persuasion, I can't remember
where Sooners are, but I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in that limestone,
highish pH, heartland :-)
--
derek