Old 07-01-2005, 10:52 AM
Dick

On 6 Jan 2005 13:45:39 -0800, (Jean) wrote:

Hello,
Where can I find the way to calculate the quantity of sand I need?
The "beach" sand takes how much volume?
And how sand weight?
For example, it says on a bag 7Kg.
How much bags I need to buy?

Amount is not a straight calculation. Some personal preference is
involved. If you are going to plant live plants more sand is needed
as roots will need room to spread. I have a quarantine tank with no
sand at all, easier to keep clean, but I still have live plants
anchored with lead weights. I just move the plants to another tank if
I need to treat a fish.

If your tankscaping is going to have open gravel up front you may want
to slope the sand making it deeper in the back.

I put 100 lbs of sand in my 75 gallon tank, but would probably put 150
in today if I did it over.

dick