Old 02-01-2005, 09:28 PM
Mary McHugh

Penelope Periwinkle wrote:

Hmmm, and I would say their seed selection is boring and obvious;
but the devotion so many people show to Pinetree has always
puzzled me. I always wondered if it were a zone thing, that
perhaps the seeds they offered did well in cooler climates;
or perhaps it's an old company and people remember the
catalogs from their childhood, a Sears catalog of the seed
world.

Or... they offer seeds in more manageable quantities for less than $4.00
a pack. They have MOST of what I'm looking for, I do live in a colder
area, and I can sample a lot of different things without breaking the
bank. Since I'm not sowing acres and acres of plants (my garden is 1500
sf), I appreciate using up the seeds in the packet in a single growing year.

Their only downside is they're fairly slow getting the seed orders out
without paying an expediting fee, tho it's fairly reasonable.

Mary