Old 07-01-2005, 10:25 PM
Dee

Default IG pool to garden?

In my house-hunting, I am finding that a good proportion of them have in-
ground pools. I am not a pool person and have been rejecting these
listings out-of-hand.

But the idea occurred to me that it might be possible to convert a pool
into a vegetable garden. Pools are usually in full sun and close to the
house, so the site would be good. I'm thinking the floor of the pool could
be busted up to insure drainage and the walls could be left as is. It
could then be filled with subsoil or whatever, with the last 3 or 4 feet
being a mixture of composted horse manure, top soil, peat moss, and other
yummies.

Has anybody tried this? Any pros or cons I am not seeing here?

Thanks, Dee