Old 07-01-2005, 05:30 PM
Steve Calvin

Larry Blanchard wrote:
In article ,
says...

What variety is the well-know Idaho potato? The seed catalogs never identify
any of their varieties as the "Idaho" potato. Yes, I know I probably can't
grow a potato as tasty as an Idaho baker, but what variety is it?
Ken

Just a standard potato with a lot of marketing :-).

BTW, when we lived in Boise, the potatoes were awful! Found out that
all the good ones get shipped out of state :-).

I didn't realize until last fall on a trip to northern Maine how big the
potato industry is up there. It's a major portion of the economy. We
figure that they send the Maine potatoes to Idaho and say "Hey, look!
MAINE potatoes!!" and visa-versa.

--
Steve

Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it.
Autograph your work with excellence.