Old 07-01-2005, 05:40 PM
Trevor Appleton

"svsmbbcs" wrote in message
over wintered some plants and want to take cuttings.
does one cut the plant back as you would chrysanthemums, and take basil
cuttings, or do you leave some top growth and then take them from fresh
growth. TIA.

I've been growing these from cuttings for the past 5 years. I take cuttings
in Aug/Sep. They root very easily. I have rooted them without a propagator
and overwintered them without heat in a cold greenhouse with fleece over
them.

I now use a propagator and a greenhouse heated to PS2 C just to be on the
safe side.

I would take cuttings about 3 or 4 inches long and root them in a propagator
and keep them frost free.