Old 07-01-2005, 09:22 PM
Dave Liquorice

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 23:16:01 GMT, Stuart wrote:

And what's more, if an asteroid the size of Africa hits us we'll
all be killed........and what's more if we all wait long enough
we're all going to die anyway.

Don't panic Mr Mainwaring, don't panic!

There are no asteroids that size. The largest is Ceres, which is
about 1000km in diameter.

Bit of sweeping statement. None that we known about would be better.
B-) Anyway if somthing that size hit it would goodbye earth as it
would be broken a part by the impact. Some thing only a few km across
would have very serious implications on a global scale, a few hundred
metres across would knock the total distruction of the recent tsunami
into a cocked hat.

Me? I'm an ostrich, where is my bucket of sand?

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail