Old 08-01-2005, 05:38 AM
Susan Erickson

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 20:36:25 +0100, Reka
wrote:

K Barrett wrote:
Hi all,

warning - clipped lines ahead.
Read my sig line! I changed to the free programs Firefox and Thunderbird
nothing beats having a good virus scanner.

Firefox stops pop-ups unless you choose to allow them. Thunderbird, the
mail and newsreader, blocks remote images in email, so they load much
faster and without those annoying ads. Thunderbird also has a very good
junk mail filter.

Reka.......

Ok. Now John and I have been with Mozilla for several years and
several upgrades. My only objection to this change over is the
split of Firefox from Thunderbird.. what names. I can not hit 1
icon and have the whole mess loaded. G

We use Agent to read and post to news. I have not tried the new
Mozilla, although I have seen the entry on my laptop. I know it
is available.

I would not do it any other way. The last upgrade from 'Mozilla'
vanilla to Foxfire and Thunderbird I did and it was just a click
on icon to download and update my system. Yes, you will have a
bit more to do. You have to get your data out of IE before it
blows up. It is not difficult. Keep playing with the junk and
spam filters and you can train Thunderbird to delete to Junk 99%
of the junk for you to scan for the occasional slip when it puts
OGD into the Junk file. G Although some of those slips are on
the too hot to read days.

Good spell check too. It used to be a second download and an add
on now it is part of the program.
SuE