Old 08-01-2005, 07:43 AM
ashnook

Default Lighting to bring on seedlings

I have a 2' x 4' heated propergator in my potting shed, which has a
translucent roof. I want to bring on some seedlings a bit early but this
time of the year the light is poor and there are not enought hours of
daylight. I want to augment the natural light and add a few more hours of
'daylight'

I know you can buy special lights for this purpose but they are quite
expensive.

My question is, can you use a cheap halogen floodlight (150w or 500w)
mounted above the propergator to atcheive the same purpose? It may not be as
good as the real thing but will it help?

Thanks

--
Brian
www.ashnookplants.co.uk