Old 08-01-2005, 12:29 PM
The Cook

(FarmerDill) wrote:

Don't know about the drugstores. But all the major players buy thir seeds from
the same groups of international seed producers. Many feed and seed stores buy
in bulk and can sell an oz o f seed ror about the same price as a packet of a
couple dozen seed. Plus you save the shipping and handling. In this area the
major prepackaged players are Burpee and Ferry Morse. Prices about the same
whether off the rack or mailorder, except for shipping and handling which can
be pricey. There a few stores that will keep old seed on the rack so look for
the "packaged for date"

We bought seeds last year at Tractor Supply. Pretty basic selection.
We got ours at the end of the season. 4 oz beet, 4 oz carrot, 8 oz
beans. Each bag was listed at about $2.50 and were on sale at 1/2
price. We could feed a large army with these seeds.

--
Susan N.

"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent indignation, and 50 percent envy."