Old 08-01-2005, 07:16 PM
Doug Kanter

"Dee" wrote in message ...
Thanks for all the replies. I guess I should clarify a few things.

Reduction in house value - Several realtors I've spoken with say an
average-sized pool adds only about $10,000 to the value of the house, even
though installation of a pool can run $25,000 or more.

You've missed a possibility he A buyer who loves the house, the
neighborhood, the schools, etc., but has to pay to have the pool dismantled.
I have no idea what that costs, but I have a friend who had a guy come to
his farm property with an assistant and two backhoes, and dig a 1/2 acre
pond: $13,000.00. Based on that, I'll take a wild guess and say it might
cost $8k to $10k to dismantle a pool, if it took a couple or three days.