Old 08-01-2005, 10:54 PM

The main reason I dont respond to any of the flaming is that when I correct the
mis-information it does absolutely no good.
Jo Ann did not use nor sell "activated carbon", the stuff that is normally sold in
LFS or on the internet and must be heated to high temps for reuse.
Jo Ann found out that city water treatment plants used anthracite for water
purification.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...s+anthracit e
She was able to find a source of this milled to the size of rice grains and used this
in her filters and sold it. It is indeed reusable after forceful back washing
because chemicals are not absorbed into it, rather adsorbed onto it. It is of
course, no where near as efficient in removing chemicals as activated carbon, but it
is reusable.
Last time I looked the U.S. is a free market system. Sellers get to charge what they
think they can sell it for and buyers can pay the price, not pay the price or get it
somewhere else. Ingrid

"Lilly" wrote:
One of my
favorites was JoAnn telling the original GF NG that her carbon was
rechargeable and to do this you would "give it a good blast with a
garden hose". Bunk. It takes a kiln to burn off the impurities.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.