Old 08-01-2005, 10:18 PM
Franz Heymann

"Douglas" wrote in message
news

Nick Maclaren Wrote:
In article ,
wrote:-

but there wasn't a channel tunnel in 1974, or was there a secret

one
we didn't know about?-

*****

I have not read on here, so I'm probably repeating what has

already
been said:

There was a building attempt in 1974, but, as usual, we Brits got
scared and pulled out after several miles had been dug, much to

the
dismay of the French.

Douglas, in a spirit of helpfulness I would like to ask how those ""
at the beginning of your lines come to be there. Do you put them
there?
It really is a pain in the backside trying to make sense of who said
what once you have contributed something to a thread.

If there is another urgler who posts from garbenbanter, please let us
know if you have ever had any difficulty with the attribution marks

Franz