Old 09-01-2005, 02:20 PM
Ray

Reka,

My old WIN 98 machine wasn't supposed to be compatible with XP, but
one evening of sitting around an empty house and after entirely too
much wine, I decided to "give it a go." After about 30 minutes
requiring my occasional intervention, the installation started
cranking on its own and I fell asleep (passed out?) on the office
floor (good thing we had recently installed new carpeting).

Sometime later I was awaken by this music playing on the computer. It
was fully installed XP asking we if it was OK to reboot.

It is - without a doubt - the smartest upgrade decision of my PC life.
Faster, more software and hardware compatibility, etc. I have
upgraded three other PC's in the family since then - two from 98, one
from "98Me" - all with similar stories (except the wine/sleep part).

..
"Reka" wrote in message
Ray wrote:
It was automatic with the Win XP SR-2

Ah...I understand...nothing for us using the old 98!

--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

Reclaim Your Inbox!