Old 09-01-2005, 02:30 PM
Susan Erickson

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 13:52:36 GMT, "J Fortuna"
wrote:

Reka,
What I have trouble with is this articles focus on temperature only. Even
though it briefly mentions light, the plants are not organized by light
levels. Then there is the fact that they mention specific species rather
than genera and only one species per genus. Several of these are not ones
that I have generally encountered before as beginners orchids, making me
suspect that they are probably not best for beginners after all, or are
they? Finally, unless this is different where the author of this article
lives, these are not the orchids most often found in retail around here. And
it seems quixotic to recommend to beginners that they seek out first some
orchid that they need to mail order rather than starting with a plant that
they can see in a store.
A weird article indeed.
Joanna

I have trouble keeping a couple of these due to the fact that
they prefer mounts.. not a beginner's territory. And the article
does not mention planting style at all.

SuE