Old 07-01-2005, 07:33 PM
Bob Walsh

K,

I just got switched to Giganews also. What I like is that the pictures on
abpo apparently stay for about 3 weeks instead of a day or less.

Bob

"Casey Wilson" N2310D @ gmail.com wrote in message

"K Barrett" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,

OK, this is on topic only because we're all reading this group on
computers, so I have a computer question.

My ISP changed to Giganews, making access to Usenet difficult.
Therefore I'm taking this opportunity to research changing from Outlook
Express to some other news reader. I'm also taking this opportunity to
finally stop using Internet Explorer as a browser. Something I intended
to do 4-5 yrs ago, heh.

Hi K,
Changing your reader from OE doesn't fix the problem of your ISP
changing Usenet access. Except for the problem of changing your email
address, maybe you'd be better off changing ISPs. If you look for a new
ISP, I recommend Verizon. As a freelance writer and photographer, I travel
a lot and have never been anywhere I couldn't get a local access number
for dial-up connection. Verizon also gives me access to every newsgroup.
I use MS Outlook which invokes OExpress for a news reader, but not
email. I use the tools and rules features to cut down on SPAM and reject
obnoxious posters. Virus and worms are dealt with by Norton Anti-Virus
which automatically checks (in the background) for updates every time I go
online and forces an update weekly, whether it needs to or not.

Regards,

Casey Wilson
Freelance Writer and Photographer