Old 09-01-2005, 06:27 PM
Rod

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 13:01:02 -0000, "KK"
wrote:

Hello,

I have a small greenhouse and find the commercially available staging
unsuitable & expensive. I want to design & build my own in order to optimise
the available space. I am thinking of using aluminium tubing with with
nylon/plastic corner fittings for the frame, and wire or steel mesh shelves.

Has anyone tried this? Any advice or suggestions? Any recommendations for
suppliers?

Many Thanks

KK

The frame is a matter of finding what you can get strong enough and
cheap enough. We got cheap galvanised angle iron from a scrapyard and
welded up frames. The top is weldmesh and on top of that are 50mm
thick polystyrene slabs sold for cavity wall insulation. Then
polythene (to keep the polystryrene clean, capilliary matting covered
with thin black perforated polythene sheet (to keep the matting
relatively clean.)

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.