Old 09-01-2005, 08:01 PM
Ellen

Default Sterile Seed Q

Last year I bought Burpee Seeds (flower) from Wal-Mart. When I went to
plant them, I noticed they had been packaged in France. A month or so
later, beautiful foliage, but not one bud or flower.

I managed to find some more seeds on the shelves (Martha Stewart), also
packaged in France. These did produce some puny blooms toward the end of
the season.

How do I avoid having this happen? I am in Northern Michigan, so the season
is short and seed stock is not re-ordered.

Is France the problem? Lowe's just opened but I do not know what brand they
will carry.

Any suggestions would be welcome. TIA.

Ellen