Old 10-01-2005, 05:51 AM
Archimedes Plutonium

Default how about a microorganism as upper atmosphere coolant for Earth's 1stAirConditioner; Can bacteria choke off life from Earth???

I have been playing around with alot of coolant candidates. Putting
aluminum foil in the upper atmosphere. Building a fleet of aircraft.
Chemical solutions of CFC-variant. Putting salt up there.

But one thing I have not discussed is the idea that perhaps some
bacteria or microorganism can live in the upper atmosphere. And absorbs
sunlight energy and thus cooling Earth surface.

Perhaps there are already such creatures up there but never numerous
enough to worry about. But with global warming increasing perhaps they
increase also. So perhaps we already have a coolant in place and given
enough time these creatures will begin to reverse global warming.

But then there is a prospect that some of these creatures could mutate
into a form that makes the upper atmosphere an attractive environment.
So hospitable that like moss in a aquarium begins to choke life out on
the surface by blocking too much sunlight.

If there exists a biological solution for coolant in making an Earth
AirConditioner it would not be wise to use such creatures because
creatures tend to escape control.

But what if humanity via its causation of global warming makes the upper
atmosphere a hospitable environment for some forms of bacteria. And once
they get started and mutate that the upper atmosphere becomes dense with
them threatening the life on the surface of Earth.

I have never heard of a report of microorganisms that call the upper
atmosphere their home. But I suspect there are such creatures. And I
suspect that as global warming increases that these creatures will
increase dramatically to the point where they may impose a threat to
humanity.

I believe I read long time ago that viruses can actually migrate beyond
Earth and can float out of Earth's gravity.

I think as global warming increases that some scientists should be
embarking on a detailed research as to what organisms live in the upper
atmosphere and whether they may pose a benefit or a future risk and
danger.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies