Old 10-01-2005, 06:11 AM
Alan Gould

In article , David Cleland
writes
How short should grass be - I think I am cutting mine too close to be
honest.

Interesting question. The height of lawn grass will decide the type of
lawn as others have already said in this thread. We are quite happy to
see a good sprinkling of lawn tolerant wild-flowers in our lawn, so we
keep it at a higher level than if we wanted a bigger proportion of
grass. It still develops some moss patches, mostly in spring and autumn.
We don't mind that because the lawn is moss free in summertime when the
lawn is in regular use for family leisure and relaxation.

What is vital IMHO, is that once a lawn style and a grass height has
been decided, it should be maintained with regular mowing. If lawn grass
is left untended too long, then a very deep cut is taken, the desired
aspect will be spoiled. The frequency of mowing will depend on several
factors, but the aim should be cut sooner rather than later.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.