Old 10-01-2005, 07:45 PM
Michelle C

Thanks for your reply, Bob.

I intend to trim the vine as short as possible on their side, so as to
require less trimming, and less bitching from them. It will also deprive
them of the beauty of the plant.

If they still complain, I'll remove it and put up a privacy fence.

- Michelle

PS These same neighbors complain that my oak trees drop leaves into their
yard each fall. I don't think they are reasonable people.

Your neighbor is an ass, and you can't possibly win this.

If you trim the vines on their side, they will complain you didn't do it
good enough or you stepped on some of their plants or something. They
will also expect you to keep them trimmed, and to do a better job next
time.

If you do nothing, they will probably spray the vines on their side with
weed killer in an attempt to destroy them on both sides of the fence.

Best regards,
Bob