Old 10-01-2005, 06:26 PM
JennyC

"Michelle C" wrote in message
"JennyC" wrote in message
Hi

We have a regular tiny mouse come to visit and to nibble on several fat
balls,
in nets which hang on a small (rhus) tree outside on the patio.
He is not problem and it's fun to watch him/her feeding at night.

However we seem to have his/her big brother coming round as well :~(

Caught a quick glimpse of a small rat (young?) the other day in the flower
bed.
And the fat balls seem to disappear whole. yesterday was proof when I went
out
to find the nylon net still on its branch but it had been bitten open and
the
ball was gone !

Any ideas on what to do. I don't want ratty getting ideas about coming
indoors!
Jenny

My suggestion is not to lure them with food.

Yes, but what about the birds?
I was hoping someone would have a solution to deter ratty
Jenny