Old 10-01-2005, 08:40 PM
Anonny Moose

"Michelle C" wrote in message

I have already decided that I will trim the vines on their side of the
fence. But now I'm wondering who is right, and who is wrong, in this
situation? Am I right to think my neighbors are cranky? Does the law
obligate me to trim vines that enter my neighbors yard? Should they accept
the minor chore of vine trimming in return for having such a beautiful
backdrop (their words) to their garden?

We have a problem neighbor too. What we did was build three trellis
structures separated by evergreen trees about 2 feet inside the fenceline
(there is an existing three rail cedar fence). Because there is no height
restriction on the trellis, they are eight feet tall and I have rambling and
climbing roses growing on them, and I can trim both sides. They block the
objectionable view and look lovely in bloom. Your neighbors sound as
unreasonable as ours and I wish you luck.

Karen