Old 11-01-2005, 04:07 AM
David Hare-Scott

"Michelle C" wrote in message
:: During teh Christmas holidays, I invited these neighbors over for a
holiday
: drink, and James said "Michelle, you're going to have to do something
about
: those vines." When I asked him what he meant, he said that the vines were
: growing into their yard and are strangling their plants.
:
....snip....

: TIA!
: Michelle
:
:

I have no idea about the law in your area and an internatonal forum may not
be the best place to get ideas on that side of the issue.

As others have said you may not have the best neighbours in the world;
however if you really want to keep the vine AND the neighbours could you
move the vine?

What I mean is put a trellis in front of the fence (say) a yard on your side
and train the vine forward on to it over a period of time. You would then
be able to keep it off the fence from your side. They cannot complain and
the fence is still hidden by the vine that you like. This may be cheaper
than the privacy fence also.

David