Old 11-01-2005, 10:28 AM
Glen Able

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Peter Stockdale" contains these

words:

"Glen Able" wrote in message

What I've found is that, although the 'abc for newcomers...' article

is
posted every week, Outlook Express has decided that all the posts

belong
a single thread. So I never actually get to see the article in

question,
unless I scroll down to the very oldest posts. And there I find,

dated
18/09/04, the thread in question, with 20 or so copies of the article

all
collapsed into one thread - including the most recent one from 2 days

ago!

Lucky you - my O.E. only scrolls back 6 weeks !
Could whoever posts the ABC not pre-date the heading with the current

date
so that O.E. would perhaps recognise it as a new post ??

The whole point of the abc, is that it's to attract the attention of
newcomers. Even if they are using OE it won't be hidden from them.

I would expect that people who come to the group for the first time using OE
(+ maybe other newsreaders) will see the most recent messages, sorted by
date. And that the 'abc for newcomers...' will be a practically invisible
thread hidden amongst several-week-old messages and orphaned replies to spam
that they're unlikely to peruse. This was the case for me, anyway.