Old 11-01-2005, 12:24 PM
Kay

In article , Michelle C
writes

None of which you mentioned in your original post and none of which have
anything to do with a Polygonum eating some of your neighbour's plants.

Yes, it's known as "additional" information. I supplied it because I thought
it would help people to better understand the situation. Am I not allowed to
do that?

If you have a garden big enough to house mature
oaks and elms in the plural, then I can't imagine you and your neighbours
need to have much to do with each other unless you choose to do so.

Except when it comes to their petty complaints.

Complaints, yes, but who is to say they are petty? Lack of sun on a
swimming pool I can understand might be a disappointment - OK, maybe
they should have thought about it before installing, but they didn't, so
it's always worth the asking. Having 17 -26 times a year to cut down a
plant which is not of your choosing and doesn't belong to you is a
pretty big irritation. Being able to see a canoe from your garden? Well,
beside that, lack of sun and extra work clearly pales completely into
insignificance.

--
Kay