Old 11-01-2005, 01:58 PM
Phil L

Mike wrote:
:: We have a large semi capped well in the garden which straddles the
:: fence line between us and our new neighbours. We have decided to
:: do something about it and 'use the water' therein. We both have an
:: abundant supply of rain water butts off the roofs and garages and
:: propose to discharge the overflow into said well. Does anybody
:: know what the legal side of this is, considering we are on water
:: meters?
::
I'm a bit confused here, you say 'use the water therein', but then say that
you intend to use the well as a drain for excess rainwater?
Where do the water meters come into the equation?
If you intend using it as a drain for excess rainwater then I can't see any
problems, after all, it would end up in the well anyway if you didn't use
butts to collect it.
If you need *more* water in sumer then you can use the water from the well,
it's on your land after all but I think you'll find it more of a strain than
switching the hosepipe on.

--

http://www.blueyonder256k.myby.co.uk/