Old 11-01-2005, 03:36 PM
Tex John

Yes...don't have a scanner or I'd show you...maybe someone else does and can
post it in the forum?

Afterwards he appears to peel the bark off the bottom of the air-layered
horizontal limb to expose even more cambium and get even more roots round
the edge.

John

"Kitsune Miko" wrote in message
o.com...
Interesting. I wonder if he also got roots on the
part furthest away from the tree as well.

Kits
--- Tex John wrote:

John Naka's Bonsai Techniques II page 3 shows an air
layering technique I'd
never seen before where he air layers the middle
section of a branch and
gets roots on both sides. He doesn't say if the end
of the branch will die
off or not. He does not appear to cut the bark 100%
all the way round
either, though.

John

"Jim Lewis" wrote in message
On 8 Jan 2005 at 13:06, Kitsune Miko wrote:

I have heard that you can/cannot put two

airlayers on
the same branch. Anyone tried this? I have

lots of
overgrown stuff that is overgrown because I

think I
should airlayer. I suppose I could do long

airlayers,
then airlyer the airlayer after the first pass

is
rooted and stable.

You can do several on one plant, but not on the

same branch.
The nutrients/water/whatever the roots/leaves need

will get cut
off from one or the other one of the layers.

Jim Lewis - - This economy is

a wholly
owned subsidiary of the environment. - Gaylord

Nelson

****
++++Sponsored, in part, by Boon

Manakitivipart++++

****
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail

+++++

****
++++Sponsored, in part, by Boon
Manakitivipart++++

****
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

=====
****
"Expectations are resentments under construction."

Anne Lamott

****

****