Old 11-01-2005, 03:39 PM
Jim Lewis

On 11 Jan 2005 at 14:20, Willem Carstens wrote:

Does anyone know if a celtis africana can have
a total trunk chop done i.e with no foliage left. I have
several growing in my garden but because they were
fighting for space and survial the branches only start 1m up on
the trunk.

I'm not familiar with the species, but Botanica lists it as a
deciduous tree, so it should chop easily. I suggest you chop it
before digging and wait until next year to dig it up.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++