Old 11-01-2005, 03:56 PM
bigboard

Mike wrote:

"Phil L" wrote in message

I'm a bit confused here, you say 'use the water therein', but then say

that
you intend to use the well as a drain for excess rainwater?

Sorry. Bad explanation. We intend to run the excess water when the butts
are full, into the well. (Not as a drain as it appears) Then use it when
we want. Hope that makes sense now ;-))

There is absolutely no point in diverting excess rain water to the well for
later use. The level in the well is determined by the local water table. A
well is not a water storage tank, but rather a hole dug down to the water
table. The negligible amount you could add from your roof would make no
discernable difference to the water level.

--
America is a large, friendly dog in a very small room. Every time it
wags its tail, it knocks over a chair.