Old 11-01-2005, 09:12 AM
Charlie Pridham

"David Rance" wrote in message
On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, Mike wrote:

We have a large semi capped well in the garden which straddles the fence
line between us and our new neighbours. We have decided to do something
about it and 'use the water' therein. We both have an abundant supply of
rain water butts off the roofs and garages and propose to discharge the
overflow into said well. Does anybody know what the legal side of this

is,
considering we are on water meters?

You probably wouldn't gain anything. The level of water in a well is
determined by the level of the surrounding water table.

David

--
David Rance http://www.rance.org.uk
Fido Address: 2:252/110 writing from Caversham, Reading, UK

Putting water down a well would be frowned on, but you are perfectly
entitled to use the water from it for your own use. the rule of thumb is
worked by the size of the delivery pipe, if you use larger than a domestic
pipe (15mm) then strictly speaking they can charge you for the water
abstracted by fitting a meter!

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk