Old 11-01-2005, 06:31 PM
Kay

In article , Michelle C
writes
No, Janet, you are wrong. You are focusing on one small part of my post and
pretending it is the reason for my post.

Excuse me. I am the best person to verify or not Janet's statement

"The part Kay replied to was the short paragraph containing the
question, "Does the law obligate me to trim vines that enter my
neighbors yard? "

That is indeed the part I was replying to. I was concerned that you were
unaware that this was a UK newsgroup (as several of your compatriots
have been) and that you would take any advice relating to the law in the
UK as applying to your country, which of course it would not.

My problem, as Alan and others have already pointed out to you and Kay, is
one of gardening etiquette and neighbor relations. I've already said that
the laws in the U.K. do not apply in the USA. I'm looking for opinions, not
legal advice.

In your original post you asked several questions:
"But now I'm wondering who is right, and who is wrong, in this
situation? Am I right to think my neighbors are cranky? Does the law
obligate me to trim vines that enter my neighbors yard? Should they
accept the minor chore of vine trimming in return for having such a
beautiful backdrop (their words) to their garden?"
It wasn't till a later post that you said that you were looking for
opinions and that you were aware that the law as we know it (ie UK)
would not apply. Your original post read as a request for your legal
position, and this is not the best ng for that.

--
Kay