Old 11-01-2005, 11:50 PM
Ozdude

"default" wrote in message
ups.com...
I just started a C02 setup with a bottle. I've closely monitored it
for two days and it looks like this:

snip
Is a swing from 7.1 to 6.6 on a daily basis what others see? Should I
keep the C02 on all night long? How much lower will I expect the pH to
drop if I leave it on all night while the plants don't eat it?

I think everyone's pH drops at night - anyone with real plants that is.

I haven't gotten to that stage yet so I can't verify the swings but I do
believe from the vast amounts I have been reading that (theoretically) it's
quite normal to swing overnight and during the day, even if your KH is
sufficient.

I can't answer the last part because I haven't got any injection at this
time.

No doubt, in a week or so we can both take this journey together, as next
Wednesday is the day when I start with the CO2 and I am hoping that it drops
my pH from it's current 7.8 to 6.8, or 7.0 because I'm not comfortable with
it where it is right now.

Regards,

Oz
--