Old 12-01-2005, 12:32 AM
Allyb

You could have a beta in this type of tank. They do very well with neons,
as long as the neons are big enough to not fit in his mouth when you
introduce them. I have a beta in my 55g with neons and about 4 other
species of community fish. He is extremely active and interesting to watch
as he hunts around the aquarium looking for non-existent..... whatevers. As
far as plants, I was just reading something the other day that encouraged
the use of java fern and moss in small, low light aquariums as beneficial
water filters and a positive environment for the fish.

"scott" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hello All,

I have been doing a lot of research but need advice from the experts
(aka you guys) on what type of setup I can put in my cubical. I have
plenty of power (AC) but I can not have filters or what not due to
noise (we have lots of engineers in a very tight area). When I was at
Petsmart, I was looking at a 2.5gal glass tank. It was roughly
12x6x9inches. Small enough for my cube but not large enough to get in
the way. I was/am looking at getting live plants to use instead of
filters. What type of fish and what type of plants do you all
recommend? I was thinking of Tetras since they are pretty durable but
I am open to most anything (fairly small).

Thanks,
Scott