Old 12-01-2005, 12:06 AM
Salty Thumb

"Michelle C" wrote in
:

Even when their canoe was leaned
against my fence, I did not complain. My opinion is that they can do
whatever they wish on their property.

Super Salty Seer says: Optimistic idealists like yourself will never get
along with short-sighted pragmatists.

Since it has been determined that you are the owner of the fence, it is
your prerogative or not to tell the other party to bugger off. However,
they do have right to trim encroaching parts of the vine in a manner that
does not result in the death of your vine and if they can show that your
vine is damaging their property (and not just being a nuisance) they may be
able to take action against you. Since you have indicated that you are not
adverse to trimming both sides, you may choose that solution until it
becomes odious for whatever reason at which time you will enact the
contigency plan that you had prepared in the interim.