Old 12-01-2005, 12:06 AM
Salty Thumb

"Cereus-validus..." wrote in
m:

Is that a European swallow or an African swallow?

When I first heard the theory a long time ago, I asked the same
question on rec.birds. Most of them agreed that African swallows
could possibly carry a coconut, but do not migrate. Then they
started arguing about technical details like what the air speed
velocity of a swallow carrying a coconut would need to be and I
stopped paying attention, although there was one interesting (East)
Indian guy who would repeat substantially the same message in
several different postings. Apparently this a common disease spread
by buying stuff like Adirondack chairs over the Internet. Anyway,
he claimed that if he could figure out a way to get swallows or
teams of swallows to migrate and carry coconuts, he would start a
coconut and neem products export business. I wonder what ever
happened to him.