Old 12-01-2005, 01:21 AM
James

"Salty Thumb" wrote in message
news:iSZEd.2135$SS6.938@trnddc07...
"Michelle C" wrote in
:

Even when their canoe was leaned
against my fence, I did not complain. My opinion is that they can do
whatever they wish on their property.

Super Salty Seer says: Optimistic idealists like yourself will never get
along with short-sighted pragmatists.

Since it has been determined that you are the owner of the fence, it is
your prerogative or not to tell the other party to bugger off. However,
they do have right to trim encroaching parts of the vine in a manner that
does not result in the death of your vine and if they can show that your
vine is damaging their property (and not just being a nuisance) they may

be
able to take action against you. Since you have indicated that you are

not
adverse to trimming both sides, you may choose that solution until it
becomes odious for whatever reason at which time you will enact the
contigency plan that you had prepared in the interim.

Sorry, but I have to side with Michelle C. From the moment the neighbors
mentioned the vine, it was apparent they were petty individuals. To bitch
about a 5 minute job every 2 - 3 weeks while much more time is spent tending
their own garden is petty and doesn't even deserve a serious discussion IMO.
If Michelle does not agree to trim their side of the fence, I expect some
repercussion from the petty ones like butchering the entire vine as trimming
or killing it as some kind of challenge. Such behavior is childish. So rip
out the fence Michelle and put up a board one. And make it high enough the
*******s can't see what you are doing. And if you invite them over in the
spirit of the holidays again, make sure they get the rot gut liquor.