Old 11-01-2005, 09:34 PM
profpam

Hi Wendy,

Ramona spoke at our society meeting a couple of months ago, and she
provided insight on Fire Insurance, FEMA, etc. She still has not
rebuilt and is renting (I believe) in Claremont. She mentioned that out
of all the victims FEMA only pays-off government structures (city
buildings, etc.--or at least that is what I believe she said).
Nevertheless, the question is about Aussie Gold, and Ivan Harrison spoke
at our society meeting in November (a wonderful speaker--very
enjoyable). I purchased a bunch of raffle tickets hoping to win some of
the Aussie Gold (I wanted to analyze the mixture. No, I am not very
lucky; so I didn't win anything). Anyway, I did purchase "the rocks"
when Ramona spoke a few months prior at the meeting, and I now use a mix
of orchid rock, "the rocks", charcoal, perlite, and a little fine bark.
With all the rain and snow (unusual for Calimesa), I have buckets of
rain water to use in the greenhouse as well as a barrel of snow melt
from the roof (two days before the snow melted) for the carnivorous
plants. So, I am boring you folks out there -- apologies.
Nevertheless, hope I have answered the question.

.. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System
http://home.earthlink.net/~profpam/page3.html

wendy7 wrote:

Hi there Pam, I enquired about Diatomite rock & Aussie Gold, a company in
San Diego. It seemed way too expensive for my cash flow!
Speaking of Ramona, has she started up again? I heard they
lost everything in the fires?