Old 12-01-2005, 02:17 AM
len gardener

g'day doyley,

don't know about the passing on of any diseases but as john said it
happens, for me i have used honey in fruit fly traps but then the only
thing i got inthe traps was fruit flies and house flies, and my traps
once in they never get out. i don't use it much tho' relying mostly on
the f/f wick. had a native bee hive in my garden they never got into
the traps that would have been traps gone 4 me like me native bees.

coffee yes we use coffee (extra el-cheepo instant) very effectively
for the slugs etc., we mix it at a rate that might melt ya tonsils
though takes a dose or 2 and a day or so to work and works better on
the just bornes.

beer traps work for snails and slugs as does the torch lite safari's
of a night time.

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before you send.