Old 12-01-2005, 05:26 AM
Timothy

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 23:48:20 -0500, madgardener wrote:

I have the need to find out if there is some website that does
translations. I have a gentleman in France that is writing to me about
tomato's and this time, the message came predominately in French. I don't
really have the capability to translate and he was able to let me know he
speaks very little English. Is there a website that you can enter a text
message to and it'll translate it? (I sure wish we had a universal
translator................................) thanks for the help.
madgardener (this is a serious request by the way)

Could you please turn off the html posting. I comes through looking like
this for most of us:
!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
HTMLHEAD
META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"

Yes there are translators out there. One of the better free ones is Babel
fish:

http://world.altavista.com/

I would also strongly suggest that you look into the FireFox web browser.
There is a plug-in that translate web pages right on the spot. Besides,
Internet exploder is such a security risk now A days and it's such a
non-compliant web browser to the w3c codes... It's not even worth turning
on imho.

Stop over here and see if your browser is at risk for the new malicious
code trojan:
http://secunia.com/internet_explorer...bility_ test/
Good luck to you.

--